Cleaning your roof is important, not just because of the extra sparkle that a fresh, clean roof will give to the look of your home.
After and before roof cleaning - soft washing also extends the life of your roof and protects your family's health
The four basic reasons for cleaning a roof are to
- Improve your home's appearance
- Extending the life of your roof
- Save energy
- Protect your family's health
Brighten up Your Home with a Clean RoofAre you fed up with the discolouration on your roof? Do you hate the moss growing there? Are you tired of cleaning up bits of moss that have fallen from your roof onto your footpaths, car etc. Is the moss also encouraging birds on to your roof, leaving unsightly bird droppings?
That discolouration on your slate or tiles is not the result of dirt alone. It is caused by bacteria called Gleocapsa Magma. If the bacteria are left untreated it is soon followed by the growth of lichen and moss. Moss and lichen on the roof takes from the appearance of your house reducing its value.
Protect your Roof and Extend its LifeRoof tile manufacturers agree that the effectiveness of power and pressure cleaning techniques are only temporary, and discolouration, lichen and moss, are likely recur. However, ProWash.ie soft washing technique uses algae resistant roofing products that will inhibit future growth.
- Remove the algae, mildew, fungus and lichen at their root system
- Remove leaves, sticks and debris collecting on your roof. This build-up holds moisture and can quickly damage your roof tiles.
- Prevent fungal organism from decomposing the roof surface, creating cracks and fissures.
- Achieve a lasting clean to treat the problem not just blast away at the surface.
Protect Health at Home & at WorkAlgae, mould, mildew, bacteria, etc. are well known allergy culprits
- Roof stains spreading to around your home could be contributing to the problems of allergy sufferers.
- Every time it rains, the fungus on your roof drips down spores onto patios, driveways, decks and walls. These spore colonies are then transported into your home by foot traffic, pets or blown by the air.
Sick Building SyndromeSick Building Syndrome is another condition where algae and moulds can contribute. Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems suck in air from top of roofs on commercial buildings or hospitals. Algae, mould, mildew and bacteria blast seeds or spores into the air that are collected by these intakes and distributed throughout the building.
Why Soft Washing not Power WashingHigh pressure washing systems should not be used on your roof - instead choose Soft Washing
- Without also introducing the correct chemicals to sanitize the roof as well as clean it, power washers only strip away the top of the algae bloom.
- Power washers and pressure washers can damage roofs.
- The constant blasting and blowing used during pressure washing accelerates the ageing of roof surfaces.
Gutter CleaningClogged gutters hold water, may cause rot on the roof, and even become a breeding ground for insects and birds! Let Pro Wash.ie take care of cleaning your gutters too.
Contact us today for your roof and gutter cleaning using our safe and effective soft washing techniques.